BIMcreds offers BIM/DE practitioners a mechanism for demonstrating their competence. At the same time, it provides potential employers and project owners with confidence in the skills of the practitioners they hire.
Benefits for BIM/DE Professionals
- Highly valued by employers and project owners.
- Demonstrate your competence and strengthen your resume.
- Pinpoint areas of practice needed to sharpen your skills.
- Gain CPD points from professional organisations.
BIMCreds is the result of more than 4 years of planning, consultation and development. BIM/DE practitioners can now gain professional recognition and validation via a rigorous online assessment process (BIMcreds) of the skills and expertise acquired through study, networking and years of practical experience. The BIMcreds platform of assessments is seen as a highly valued demonstration of proficiency. BIMcreds recognition has long-term value.
And the value is not just in passing the assessment. A feedback summary at the completion of each assessment offers valuable pointers to areas of weakness, so that every applicant should emerge with a stronger sense of what it means to be an accomplished BIM/DE practitioner. BIMcreds data analytics reports are also informing training providers of common assessment errors so that courses can be modified or developed to address them, thereby creating a wider awareness of essential skills within the industry.
BIMcreds Practitioner Assessment
- Practitioners must become Individual Subscribers of buildingSMART Australasia (flat annual fee of $220 incl GST) before they can access the BIMcreds platform.
- bSA Individual Subscriptions include one complimentary BIMcreds exam valued at $110 (includes two  free attempts only).
- Further attempts or other assessments cost $110.00 (incl GST).
- 90 minutes allocated for assessment completion time.
- Average of 40+ multiple choice questions.
- Requires 80% pass to attain a Certificate of Completion.
Download the BIMcreds Information Sheet for more information.
Watch one of BIMcred’s main architects, David Mitchell, explain what BIMcreds is about and why it has been developed:
BIMcreds will complement the BIM Knowledge and Skills Framework (Framework) which was launched on March 6, 2017 by the APCC and ACIF BIM Education working group (for more information about the Framework click here).
Access BIMcreds Now
Help Expand BIMcreds and the Framework
We are collating a list of volunteers interested in helping us expand BIMcreds by being Question Bank developers, and curators of the BIM Knowledge and Skills Framework. Find out more about Assessment Development HERE. If you have the educational passion, time, expertise and wish to be added to this list just fill in the form below: